About ICT International
ICT International design and develop science-led instrument solutions. For over 40 years, ICT International has been applying scientific first principles to the development of innovative measurement instruments and solutions for soil, plant, and environmental parameters.
Addressing the challenge of measuring plant water use and plant water stress has led ICT International to become the manufacturer of world-leading instruments for these measurements.
Our instruments are used for decision-making by global changemakers in plant and tree physiology, agriculture, commercial and urban forestry, and environmental management.
About the Position:
The company has a strong national and international customer base dealing with the leading research scientists and environmental professionals around the world. This position within the sales and marketing team is an opportunity to support these customers.
Key Role Description:
- Work within the sales and marketing team to drive sales and marketing activities for core ICT International and complementary products in plant water use and status, soil and environmental monitoring instruments and systems; particularly sap flow measurement, plant water potential, plant transpiration and water use, measurement of photosynthesis using fluorometry and gas exchange systems, measurement of soil moisture and water potential, pollen viability through impedance flow cytometry, and remote monitoring and Internet of Things (IoT) systems.
- Recommend to customers science-based solutions for soil, plant and environmental research and monitoring systems.
Key Operational Tasks:
- Attend to and manage customer enquiries on a daily basis through:
- Good understanding of customer requirements via consultative process, and
- Matching customer requirements with appropriate ICT products or alternative and similar products.
- Maintain and update Customer Relationship Management System
- Provide technical support to customers through problem solving and troubleshooting, either physically or remotely.
- Proactively follow-up leads and customer enquiries and update status in customer database.
- Assist in developing marketing and sales plans and targets towards promotion of ICT core and complementary products.
- Assist in the updating of product catalogues, brochures and other marketing and product materials.
- Assist in planning, organising and participating in trade shows for core and complementary ICT products.
- Assist in liaising with ICT product managers, engineers, and principal suppliers on matters pertaining sales and marketing of core and complementary products including any issues related to the operation and overall functioning of instruments and products.
- Assist in managing global distributors in the sales and marketing of ICT products.
- Liaise with Orders Processing and Dispatch in the timely processing and delivery of customer orders and in the maintenance of stock levels.
Personal Training and Competency Building:
- Participate actively in product launch and training courses organised by ICT and key product suppliers.
- Keep abreast of scientific and developments in applications of measuring plant water use and status and key plant physiological parameters including photosynthesis, plant health and plant response to biophysical environment, pollen quality and viability, among others.
The position will be located with the ICT International team in Armidale, or with our scientist in Adelaide.
- Essential Qualifications:
- Tertiary Qualification in Agricultural or Plant Science
- Work experience & skills:
- Experience in laboratory and field experiments involving plant, soil and environmental science.
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory practices in agricultural science
- Ability to work and prioritise multiple tasks effectively
- Competent user across Microsoft Applications and Windows environment
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Essential Personal Qualities:
- Reliable, inspires confidence and ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Self-motivating with a positive outlook and focused on quality work.
- A strong communicator with excellent communication, presentation skills and training skills.
- Strong goal and achievement focus
- Customer focused demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Advanced interpersonal & teamwork skills
- Pragmatic with high integrity and a strong professionalism
Preparedness to travel intrastate for support work and nationally as required.
Position(s) remains open until suitable applicants are found.
Phone enquiries to Peter, 02 6772 6770.
Email application with covering letter to email@example.com
Environmental Instrumentation – Electronic Assembly & Field Installation
ICT International designs, manufactures and deploys bespoke, integrated, wireless monitoring solutions for commercial agriculture, scientific and environmental research in the natural and built environments. ICT International exports these technologies to over 55 countries annually from its manufacturing base in Armidale NSW.
ICT International is experiencing growth with IoT instrumentation manufacture & installation.
ICT International is looking for a full-time person to assist with the assembly and production of ICT International instrumentation, and when required, undertake onsite installation & maintenance of environmental sensing and telemetry systems across Eastern Australia.
The position requires a self-motivated and organised person with the ability to work to a quality standard without supervision. Most importantly, you must have very good eyesight, dexterity, and fine motor skills. Proficiency in the standard Office suite of software is essential as is the ability to adapt to various proprietary software packages.
While exposure to an assembly environment and soldering experience is desirable, technical aptitude is a must. An interest in electronics and environmental sciences will also be an advantage. Full training will be provided. Salary commensurate to skills and experience.
Qualifications / Licences
- Trade Certificate in Electronics or IT (Desirable)
- Relevant work-related experience; or an equivalent alternative combination of relevant knowledge, training and /or experience.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently under limited supervision.
Appropriate on the job product assembly training will be provided.
- Able to follow procedure instructions precisely.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic and IoT systems.
- Have an attention to detail, fine motor skills, good dexterity, and good eyesight.
- Be self-motivated but capable of working in a cohesive team environment.
- Sound computer literacy skills and the ability to adapt to various propriety software packages.
- Demonstrated organisational office skills, initiative, diligence, and common sense.
Preferred additional skills but not essential
- Exposure to an electrical/electronics assembly environment and soldering is preferred although not essential.
- Exposure to field instrumentation installation.
Forward applications addressing selection criteria and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position(s) remains open until suitable applicants are found.
Phone enquiries to Susan, 02 6772 6770.